Thursday, January 24, 2008

Special Visitors

I had called my mom around 9 am on Saturday morning to tell them we were going to the hospital, but not sure if I'd be admitted, because I've heard so many stories of first-time moms being sent home early. Well, luckily her and Glenn thought it was definitely going to be the 'real thing', and headed straight to the airport. Mom got on an 11am flight and was in the hospital room by 1pm, which was truly amazing, especially because I had just 2 hours left of labor!

Erin and Josh would not have been able to make it if was a weekday, but since it was a Saturday afternoon they came from Charlotte and got to meet the little girl when she was less than an hour old.

My mom with Ella once we got up to our room
Photobucket

Aunt Erin holding her for the first time
Photobucket

We had called my dad and Donna early on Saturday morning but they were running a race in Winston-Salem, so weren't able to make it on Saturday. The came up early Sunday morning to meet their new granddaughter:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Glenn was able to catch an early flight on Sunday morning to meet Ella
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aunt Erin & Uncle Josh
Photobucket


Three generations
Photobucket

My mom's sister, Pam, happened to be in town for the weekend and we even got the opportunity to visit with her early Sunday evening, it was really nice.

Ella has been so loved from the very start!!

No comments: