Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back to Work

Monday was my first day of working from home a few hours a day. I am really glad I'm able to start slowly and transition back into working instead of just heading back into the office full-time. Dad and Donna came up for the day to watch Ella so that I was able to get work done but I was sooo unmotivated to really get any work done, mainly I just starting going through the 250 emails in my box that I had not yet replied to.

I felt much more motivated as the week progressed, managed to successfully be on a conference call on Wednesday morning, and went into the office on Thursday for several hours to meet with my team and start to really get up to speed with everything. It's going to be so hard to leave Ella when I finally am back in the office for good. It's so nice to be able to be with her all day and still be working.

Mom came on Wednesday afternoon and is coming over during the day so that I can get work done and she watches Ella, so that's been really nice. On Thursday night she fed her a bottle at 3am so that I was able to sleep through the night - Mom put her back down around 5am and she slept until after 10am, definitely her new record for sleeping in. It was great because I was able to get 2 hours of work in before she even woke up, and then was able to go grocery shopping in the afternoon.

So, since I've had a lot of support this week the first week back went really well. Mom will be here all week so I should be able to get a lot done this coming week and really feel like I'm back in the swing of things. But it is not easy when all I want to do is play with Ella all day!!

No comments: