Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Walking (or lack there of) Chronicles

So, at this point I think Ella is taunting us by not walking. She's taken a step a few times (I've seen her take one step two times, and Steve saw her take a few in a row), but every time she just squats and revert to her high-speed, purposeful crawling.

She can stand up well and balance, and makes us think she's about to just take off and start walking, but then changes her mind and decides that walking's not all it's cracked up to be and who needs it when you can crawl or get carried anywhere you need to go?!?

Look at me!
Photobucket


In reality I am not in a hurry for her to start walking because I know things will become a lot more complicated and the amount of things she can get into will quadruple, BUT, since she's going to be 15 months on Sunday and still no walking, I'd say we're just about ready! Who knows - I have to go away for work on Thursday so maybe she'll really show me by starting to walk then? Aaahhh so much to think about when you are a parent!

Just had to throw this pic in there too - snuggling with Sammy
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ella looks soooo cute in her pink top & jeans!

Dad