Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Carousel Ride

Mom and I went to the mall this weekend and after being a reasonably good sport while we clothes shopped for me (notice the "reasonably"...she was quite impatient and wanted sweet freedom instead of the stroller!), we thought Ella would like to have a ride on the merry-go-round. She was really tired after the trip and I wasn't sure how much she would like it, but thought it was worth a shot!

Here we are in line
Photobucket

Instead of sitting on a bench I decided to be brave and go right for a horse!

Ready to go!
Photobucket

I guess it's been a very long time since I've ridden on a merry-go-round and I completely forgot that the individual horses move up and down instead of just in the circle. And of course Ella doesn't get that she needs to hold on to the bar, so it was quite an adventure.
Photobucket

Once that carousel started moving, I cannot even explain to you how funny Ella's reaction was. She screamed and yelled with glee - she made a noise like "WOAAAAHHHH", her whole body was shaking and she was yelling and laughing as loud as she could. It made me laugh so hard and was just such a blast.

Here I am trying to maintain composure and not drop my babydoll while she is wriggling and giggling out of control!
Photobucket
(notice how she does not feel the need to hold on??)

Whenever we would circle around I could see mom laughing so hard watching Ella's and my reaction, we were both dying laughing - her response was just so over-the-top and I've never seen her so excited about anything before. It was quite an experience and one that I will remember for a long time. And I think that the carousel will become a regular part of our mall routine!

3 comments:

Aunt Erin said...

I can just picture it in my mind...it's making me tear up laughing!

Mom said...

THAT WAS SO FUNNY! Ella was SOO THRILLED - as soon as the thing started to move, she just started screaming and gyrating her whole body - up and down and back and forth - just the funniest thing I ever saw.

Colleen said...

She was one wild woman on that ride!!