Saturday, February 7, 2009

A REAL Kiss!!!

Boy oh boy did Ella surprise us today. We were in Blockbuster looking for a movie and Steve was holding her and I leaned in to give her a kiss. Well right after I did, she started "blowing kisses" where she puts her hand over her mouth and so we realized that she "got" that I had just kissed her, and now she was blowing kisses back - we've never before seen her show that she realizes those are both different kinds of kisses.

Well, like I do all the time (but never have gotten this response before) I leaned in to her and said "Ella, can I have a kiss?" and SHE LEANED RIGHT IN AND POPPED HER OPEN MOUTH ON MY CHEEK...it was a dream come true :). She did it about 10 more times, both to me and then to Steve. It was awesome!! I just hope she remembers it for tomorrow.... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want one!

Anonymous said...

I do too!

Dad

Colleen said...

Well, she SORT of remembered today - at one point when I asked for a kiss she pointed to my lips; then there were many ignored requests :); but then later on she did actually give me one, unsolicited!! Love you guys!