Thursday, October 9, 2008

First Sick Day

Ella had her first 'sick day' this Monday. She had her regularly scheduled 9-month doctor's appointment on Monday morning, and she had a cold since Friday (stuffy nose and a cough), so when I took her, I wanted him to make sure it was just a cold and nothing else. She was acting like her normal happy self and didn't have a fever and had been sleeping well, but it turns out she had an ear infection in her left ear :(.

I felt so sorry for her. She also got a flu shot (which I was not expecting), so I think all in all she was just not feeling well. The doctor gave her a prescription for amoxicillan and I got her prescription filled and stayed home with her for the day. Except for some longer naps than usual she really seemed OK but I was glad to have the day to take care of her.

Here is a pic from her sick day
Awwww

The next day Steve stayed home with her and taught her a new trick - learning to hold the sippy cup (with the handles) by herself - I was completely amazed when he showed me that night!!

Photobucket

Also of note from the doctors appointment, Ella is 16 lbs 6 oz, and 27 inches long - she's getting so big!!

No comments: